Welcome to Mississippi Drivers Licenses
Simplify the process of obtaining your Mississippi driver’s license. Our site provides you with useful and up-to-date information that you can use so you will be able to get your license fast and easy.
We make sure that you are equipped with all the needed requirements at the same time assist you on where you should go first and when is the perfect time for you to get your license.
Let’s get started!
Points to Remember When…
How To Renew Your Mississippi Drivers License
Need to renew your Mississippi driver's license? We have collected helpful information to assist you with the renewal process and make it easier and more convenient.
There are three ways to renew a driver's license in Mississippi. You can either do it:
- Through online application
- By mail (check for eligibility)
- In person at your local department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) office read more
Changing Your Address on Your MS Drivers License
Just moved? By law, Mississippi dictates to have your address updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to inform your insurance provider of your new address.
How To Replace Your Mississippi Driver’s License
If you wish to replace your license because it was destroyed, stolen or lost, you are requested to take action immediately to avoid getting a ticket or worst, a suspension. To help you with your concern, we provide you with useful links that will take you to several useful resources that can help you save time and get you going to the right direction. read more
Obtaining A New Mississippi Driver’s License
Are you applying for a new driver's license in Mississippi? For sure you are having a hard time doing it because you opened our site to seek for help. We do understand what you feel and our good news is, dealing with the DMV does not have to be a nightmare. read more
How To Get a Learner's Permit in Mississippi
Mississippi is the first state in the nation to develop the Graduated Driver's License program in 1996. Teens aged 15 to 17 must go through three stages to increasing driver’s responsibility. They must be capable of passing each stage before obtaining the full, permanent driver's license.
To help you get started, we gather the steps you need to take to get a Learner's Permit to getting your Operator's License. read more
Mississippi Driver’s Education
Is it your first time to drive the roads of Mississippi?
If yes, then there are some rules and requirements that you need to abide first before you start off your car and drive your way around the state of Mississippi. It is part of the Mississippi State Law that requires all first time drivers to take a Mississippi driver’s Ed course before applying for a driver’s license. read more
How To Change Name on a Driver's License in Mississippi
Recently got married? Legally changed your name through the courts? Been adopted? Or finalized a divorce? Then you need to change your name on your driver's license, car title and vehicle registration.
We have collected all the necessary information you need to make the process easier, more convenient and less time consuming. read more
As of today, it is no longer a surprise for you to enjoy all the benefits of processing your driver’s license online. In fact, we have already put together a Driver License Easy Guide™ to help you with all your driver's license concerns online.
If you have received any notification coming from the state of Mississippi DMV, then go check it out and see if you are able to submit your request successfully online.
Before you take the courage to visit your local Mississippi State DMV, you may take time to review these 10 essential driver’s license tips found below:
- Look for the closest MS Driver’s License office
- Confirm the office hours
- Arrange an Appointment - See appointment schedule at all Mississippi State DMV offices
- Avoid Mondays and Fridays. The best day to visit the office is mid-week (Tues, Wed, Thurs)
- Avoid time from 11:30AM- 2:00PM as this tends to be busy due to lunch break visitors
- Avoid showing up on the first and last day of the month
- Avoid setting up an appointment the day after a holiday
- Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your requests
- Print and fill out your forms prior to your visit
For queries, concerns or any special circumstances that need to be tackled, contact your local driver’s license office prior to heading over
Many drivers’ license services may be processed online. We’ve put together a Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with the driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the Mississippi State DMV, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.
10 Helpful Tips
Prior to visiting your local DMV review these 10 Helpful Drivers License Tips:
2. Confirm the office hours.
3. Make an Appointment – Appointments are available at all offices.
4. Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week (Tues, Wed, Thurs).
5. Avoid the 11:30AM- 2:00PM hours as they tend to be busy due to lunch break visitors.
6. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
7. Avoid the day after a holiday.
8. Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your requests.
9. Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting.
10. If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances contact your local drivers license office prior to heading over.